These are the traditional kebabs from South Asian cuisine and are generally known as “Shami Kebabs”. They are also made from beef and fish with the same method. These chicken kebabs take a little more time as compare to other kebabs but are very tasty and can be used in making burgers and sandwiches. You can make as much kebabs as you want and freeze it for months and fry whenever you want. You can easily prepare 30 chicken kebabs from this recipe in just 60 minutes.
1 chicken breast
100 gm gram lentils (chana daal)
15-20 dry red chili
2 tbspn cumin seeds
1 tbspn coriander seeds
1 tbspn black pepper powder
1/2 cup coriander leaves chopped
1/2 cup mint leaves chopped
8-10 green chilies chopped
2 medium size onion finely chopped
1 tbspn hot mix spice powder (garam masala)
Salt as required
Oil for shallow frying
1. In a deep sauce pan, boil gram lentils in water with red chili, cumin seeds, coriander leaves and salt. The quantity of water should enough to cover all the lentils. Boil the lentils for 20-30 minutes until they would become soft.
2. After that add chicken breast in the boiled lentils and add 1-2 cup of water if required (when all the previous water has been dried) and let it cook until chicken become tender and soft.
3. Now switch off the flame and let it cool for 5 minutes so that all the steam escape out, then in a chopper put the mixture and chop so that the chicken and lentils would mix together with the spices. Don’t chop them too much otherwise you kebabs would break after frying.
4. Take out the chopped mixture in a wide mixing bowl, now its time to add the remaining herbs and spices i.e. coriander and mint leaves, green chilies, black pepper, hot mix spice and egg. Mix all of them together to make smooth dough of kebab.
5. Now take small piece from the mixture and first make a ball just like meat ball and then press it by using your palm and make flat circular kebab. Similarly, make rest of the kebabs.
6. Take a frying pan and heat oil to shallow fry the kebabs, Put the kebabs in the pan and fry till they become brown in color from both sides. If the kebabs are too soft to handle while frying then coat them in egg before frying.
Delicious chicken kebab is ready to serve with paratha or you can also use in bun to make burger.
For more recipes Visit : Quick and Easy recipes Blog
The author of this article runs a cooking blog where he and many other food lovers post various easy to cook food recipes including vegetable recipes, beef, snacks, chicken, BBQ & grill, desserts, cakes, drinks, salads etc. The aim of his blog is to deliver the best easy to make cooking recipes to all foodies.
Copyright 2009 RecipeDose.com. You are allowed to use this article provided that no changes are made to the article, author name is not removed and all links to our site remain active and click able.